Jan 20, 2008

Tye and his lack of Wisdom

So Friday I took Tye to get his wisdom teeth out. It was a long 4 day weekend for him, so I figured it would give him plenty of time to feel better before going back to school on Tuesday. The whole surgery only took about 20 minutes, but coming out of the anesthesia was another thing. They came to get me after he had been in post-op about 10 minutes, and they were having no luck getting him to wake up. I spent the better part of 30 minutes trying to get him awake and alert enough to get in the wheelchair and go home. ( If he wasn't going to wake up I was going to take a picture with the cell phone) Of course when he did wake up just barely, the first thing he asked for was the cell phone. He doesn't remember much, but he did sing to me and was a bit giggly. He wasn't going to be able to eat much, but he did want a slurpee on the way home. He also told me I was going the wrong way to get the slurpee, but I assured him I knew where I was going. Notice the red lips, and the cell phone in his hand while he was sleeping. So now there is no geting around it when Tye is acting stupid, I guess maybe he has an excuse.

No comments: